I'm not sure if I posted here about this, but I put a lot of thought into my resolutions for 2013. And I decided to be selfish and focus on me this year. On doing good (and healthy) things for me.
Except for my usual case of winter blahs, I seem to be doing well. My ultimate goal for the Year of Me is to stress less, be more healthy and mindful, and get off these two medications I have to take for this disease I have.
So some randoms things I have been doing so far:
- Researching essential oils
- Reading a book on Chinese Medicine: Chill out and Get Healthy: Live Clean to Be Strong and Stay Sexy
- Using lavender quite a bit
- Pampering myself with the Salt Cave (ok, it was just that one time and I had a groupon)
- De-cluttering (More about that at this post: Monica's Closet)
- Switched to Bare Minerals make-up - I swear my skin looks better and is breaking out less
- A haircut exactly 8 weeks after my last one (usually I get behind, wait 4 months, then b!tch because my hair looks like crap...)
- Reiki - I found a really great place that is in the budget (unlike the Salt Cave prices)
- Write more (Just read this article yesterday: Personal Therapy
- Finish organizing the office so that I have more creative space
- Work out every day in some way for two weeks (because seriously these winter blahs have gotten the best of me)